Insulating Concrete Formwork (ICF) is an insulated formwork that is quick to construct and offers better performance than traditional approaches. Unlike most formwork systems, Insulated Concrete Formwork are left in place after the concrete hardens, thereby becoming a permanent part of the structure.
Insulated Concrete Formwork systems consist of an inner and outer skin of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) tied together using either plastic or steel. ICF systems are becoming increasingly popular and used in low rise commercial and residential construction. There are innumerable benefits associated with the use of ICF systems. The wall, when insulated and finished, offers amazing durability. Adoption of stringent energy efficient and natural disaster resistant building codes has made Insulating Concrete Formwork system an obvious choice for construction.
Why Insulating Concrete Formwork
Energy Efficient: An ICF house will consume 43% less heating energy and 32% less cooling energy when compared with a wooden frame house. It also helps in maintaining a constant ambient temperature thereby reducing the need for expensive heating or cooling units.
- Strength: Constructed with Reinforced concrete, the ICF system can withstand all kinds of natural disasters like storm, fire, earthquake etc.
- Environment Friendly: Insulated Concrete Formwork is environment friendly because it significantly reduces the use of water and construction materials.
- Flexibility: Striking design features like curved walls can be achieved easily with ICF. Moreover, it becomes a base for many conventional finishes.
- Easy to use: The ICF systems are lighter, faster and easier to use.
- Noise Reduction: ICF walls have much lower rates of acoustic transmission, thereby blocking traffic, weather and machinery noise.
- Temperature Stability: ICF walls guarantee better thermal values and ensure an even temperature throughout day and night.
Growing demand among builders for Insulating Concrete Formwork systems prove that ICF, no longer looks expensive. ICF houses are less expensive over time as they are more energy efficient and require minimal maintenance. KwikUP is committed to offer top notch quality formwork systems which can guarantee durability, reliability and enhanced productivity.