Scaffolding construction services in Australia are a necessity due to the major upgrades of so much of the existing infrastructure in and around cities and the construction of new buildings. People have been traditionally using the steel scaffolding for industrial and residential purposes. But, Aluminium scaffolding definitely has more benefits to offer than Steel scaffolding. Aluminium scaffolding is greater in demand now than they were before. Sydney has witnessed staggering transformation of the visual and structural aspects of construction. Along with these transformations comes the need for reliable and safe scaffolding services and systems through a safety approved contractor.
A licensed and reliable scaffolding contractor ensures that the construction work adheres to all safety guidelines. KwikUP is committed to follow every safety standard associated with scaffolds to ensure a safe and reliable working environment. The Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) has set standards that needs to be met to keep workers safe on scaffolding. Some of the important safety guidelines mandatory for scaffolds are :
- The footing or anchorage for scaffolds shall be sound, rigid, and capable of carrying the maximum intended load without settling or displacement.
- Scaffolds and their components shall be capable of supporting without failure at least four times the maximum intended load.
- Scaffolds shall not be loaded in excess of the working load for which they are intended.
- An access ladder or equivalent safe access shall be provided.
- Tools, materials, and debris shall not be allowed to accumulate in quantities to cause a hazard.
- The use of shore scaffolds or lean-to scaffolds is prohibited.
- Special precautions shall be taken to protect scaffold members, including any wire or fibre ropes, when using a heat-producing process.
- Platform planks shall be laid with their edges close together so the platform will be tight with no spaces through which tools or fragments of material can fall.
Workers erecting scaffolding should be properly trained in the correct methods of constructing the scaffolding and working with temporary structures. KwikUP offers scaffolds , where the risks of accidents are reduced due to the built in safety systems of the scaffolding. These systems can be constructed very easily and by fewer workmen without compromising on safety.